This page serves as a glossary of the various terms and phrases found in the Sano Ichirō series.
- -san: The base honorific. It is roughly the equivalent of "Mr." and "Ms./Mrs."
- -sama: An honorific expressing great respect. Depending on the context, it can be flattering, border on grovelling, or even indicate extreme disrespect. If used after a first person pronoun, it can indicate that the person thinks really highly of themselves.
- Shōgun: The shōgun was a position of power in Japan.
- Sosakan: The sosakan is a fictional position within the world of Sano Ichiro.
- Yoriki: TBA
- Dōshin: TBA
- Rangakusha: A doctor who practices forgien science.
- Eta: TBA