|This article is a work in progress!|
| Pages that carry this template may have issues that conflict with this wiki's policies. Our editors will fix these issues as soon as they are available. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Pages with this template are automatically included in the Work In Progress category.
The series follows Sano Ichirō- a yoriki turned samurai detective- and his life in the Shogun's court. Each novel focuses on a mystery that Sano has to solve for the Shogun, usually with the threat of his and his family's lives often held over his head. Over the course of the series, a wide cast of characters develops and the struggle of living in an area with oppressive laws is explored.
Titles in the series Edit
- Shinjū (1994)
- Bundori (1996)
- The Way of the Traitor (1997)
- The Concubine's Tattoo (1998)
- The Samurai's Wife (2000)
- Black Lotus (2001)
- The Pillow Book of Lady Wisteria (2002)
- The Dragon King's Palace (2003)
- The Perfumed Sleeve (2004)
- The Assassin's Touch (2005)
- Red Chrysanthemum (2006)
- The Snow Empress (2007)
- The Fire Kimono (2008)
- The Cloud Pavilion (2009)
- The Ronin's Mistress (2011)
- The Incense Game (2012)
- The Shogun's Daughter (2013)
- The Iris Fan (2014)
- The official site includes excerpts from each novel.